Apply for Shop Manager
Job Summary and Mission
The ideal candidate for managing a Terre Coffee & Bakery location has several years of experience in food- and/or guest-services with included management responsibilities as either a shop manager or assistant manager. As a manager, this person contributes to Terre’s success by leading a team to exemplify Terre’s Core Focus of “Enriching and Elevating Others” toward our guests, other team members, and our vendors. The store manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality, managing the store’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Models Terre’s Core Values at all times and supports the development of the same in all team members.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store Team Members to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals.
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure partner development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt Team Members and minors
- Tools used include Automated Labor Scheduling, Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Business Review, cash management and inventory management.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Actively manages store Team Members by regularly conducting performance assessments.
- Ensures Team Members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
Terre’s Core Values
Our focus is on serving Others.
We are Hungry to serve and improve.
We are Grateful for the opportunities to serve and learn
We are Joyful in our work and service to others.
- 2 years Management Experience in food and guest-service industry which includes:
- Managing a team of 5-15 people
- Supply inventory and ordering
- Financial report analysis
- Previously, 3 years of progressively responsible food service experience.
- Previous Barista or Coffee Shop Experience
Enriches and Elevates Others
Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Terre. Creates a team environment that is positive and healthy.
Puts the Guest first
Has a relentless focus on the Guest. Understands what the Guest wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop Team Members to achieve their potential.
Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.