Job Summary and Mission
While this position requires food production and supervision experience, a strong candidate need not have bakery-specific experience as all of our recipes and processes are already in place. This job assists and supervises the team members of the bakery to create and maintain the Exceptional Terre Experience as a supplier for our stores. The Bakery Manager is responsible for keeping a finger on the pulse of the bakery operations, ensuring supplies are ordered and production is timely and consistent, while modeling and acting in accordance to Terre’s Core Values and Policies and Procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, core values and Mission Statement of Terre.
- Responsible for supply ordering and team member scheduling.
- Responds to immediate store needs.
- Reviews bakery environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizes and provides direction to team members during their shift on the use of equipment and tools to achieve operational excellence.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to team members.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible experience in food service production of at least 2 years
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment 1 year
- Experience in directing and supervising the work of others
- Puts Guests first Has a relentless focus on the Guest. Understands what the Guest wants and how to best deliver that great experience every time.
- Works well with others Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Terre Coffee. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive, in alignment with Terre’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Leads courageously Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Develops continuously Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop team members to achieve their potential.
- Achieves results Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core values and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Moderate to advanced experience in baking and/or food production.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate and manage a food production facility.
- Ability to support new product development and experimentation.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Team supervisory/building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.