Apply for Bakery Manager
(Bakery-specific experience not required!)
Job Summary and MissionWhile this position requires food production and supervision experience, a strong candidate need not have bakery-specific experience as all of our recipes and processes are already in place. This job assists and supervises the team members of the bakery to create and maintain the Exceptional Terre Experience as a supplier for our stores. The Bakery Manager is responsible for keeping a finger on the pulse of the bakery operations, ensuring supplies are ordered and production is timely and consistent, while modeling and acting in accordance to Terre’s Core Values and Policies and Procedures.
Summary of Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, core values and Mission Statement of Terre.
- Responsible for supply ordering and team member scheduling.
- Responds to immediate store needs.
- Reviews bakery environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizes and provides direction to team members during their shift on the use of equipment and tools to achieve operational excellence.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to team members.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible experience in food service production of at least 2 years
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment 1 year
- Experience in directing and supervising the work of others
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Moderate to advanced experience in baking and/or food production.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate and manage a food production facility.
- Ability to support new product development and experimentation.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Team supervisory/building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.